This post is going to ramble a bit, because I haven’t thought it through. Feel free to skip this one.
This new website is a place to share my journey as a scientist and fight director. I’m currently a master’s student in the Kinesiology department at Iowa State University working on my thesis. I will conduct remote data collection, so I needed a way to post password-protected instructional videos without worrying about ads popping up. Luckily, WordPress also has ways to schedule and follow-up with study participants, so this should be a really useful tool for me.
This should also be a good place to share my publications as they come as well as notes and thoughts on my progress toward my goals. I have several.
Long term goals
- Kinesiology M.S. degree
- Kinesiology PhD degree
- Certified Teacher status with the Society of American Fight Directors (SAFD)
- Tenure-track academic post to continue research in health science and theatre arts
- Flourishing practice as a fight director and stage combat educator
Short term goals
- Collect data for my thesis work
- Be a great husband and father
- Continue running and reading daily
- Relax and recuperate over the winter break
I’m going to commit to posting weekly. Eventually, these posts should become more substantial, perhaps treating on a specific topic of interest- more like magazine articles. Until then, I’ll spout out some thoughts and progress reports in my journey as a budding scientist and theatre artist.
Fight Kindly, my friends